Thursday 9 August 2012

Thank you


Reality. Another land. Another country. Another home. Another family.

It was sobering to drive back to Hudson on garbage-free, clean, smooth (for the most part) highways. Humbling to enter my safe and friendly neighbourhood. Comforting to open the door and step into a sturdy home with four walls and the people I love. I turned on the light to my bedroom and I was aware of the incredible wealth I'd been given. I wondered where Kiki would be staying tonight, or the little girl from “Up the Hill”. What did their room look like? Did they even have a bed? Were they safe?
Before leaving for the trip. 347 Beanie Babies. 300 Bibles.
288 Toothbrushes. Lots of Love :)

Eight months ago, the Lord laid it on me to gather Beanie Babies and Bibles together and use it to share the gospel with children, someday. I'd read the book “Five Hard Things” and enlisted it under “Something you can't do on your own”. I would need other people's help for this idea to happen.
A month later, I was given opportunity – a possible trip to Haiti. It would be perfect. So with the prompting I'd had from above, I wrote up a blurb and the church of believers came through to help.

I owe a huge thanks to Jackie Mackinnon, Dani Marsh, Mari Covell, David Hunter, Jon Kaiser, Rufus Peacock, Sally Sikora, Sarah and Amanda Macy, Kathy Tanner, The Kroghs, Marita Smith, The Glioris, Rebekah Mier, Sally and Pricilla Dickenson, Katie Benson, Uncle Tom and Aunt Carol Kerr, Mary-Jane Macafee, Jenny Hayhoe, Drew Osborn, Human's Love, my own dear family and many many others for their support and prayers. And I owe my all to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who made this trip possible and sent me on this adventure.

Every step of the way, God taught me to trust Him. He was teaching me that when He has a task for me to do, He will make it happen in His timing and in His way – A way that will bring incredible glory to Him.From the preparations of the trip, to the adventure getting to Haiti, to the very dependence on God for physical strength while in Haiti, the Lord always came through.

And when you give what Christ has given you from material things to ideas to the very love He's shown us - “The administration of this service not only supplieth the lack of the saints but is abounding also by many Thanksgivings to God: Whiles by the proof of this ministry they glorify God for the obedience of your confession unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them and unto all men...Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift.” 2 Corinthians 9:12-13, 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment